UConn Ext. & Tray Resources
- FAQs on Selling to a School in Connecticut, K-12
- UConn Extension Food Safety for farmers and growers
- Pre and Post harvest guides, videos and writing a food safety plan. Scroll to the bottom for links!
- Food Safety for Farmers selling to Schools - Standard Operating Procedures and Best Practices
- Conversation Guide for Farmers and School Buyers - This is a Q&A resource to support conversations between Food Service Directors and Farmers
- Click HERE for an email outreach Template to reach out to a Food Service Director
- Information on the 'Local Food for School Incentive Program- (LFSIP) With Funding through AMS-USDA the CT Department of Education will be dispersing $1.8 million dollars to districts for SY2023/24. This funding is for LOCAL PURCHASING only. Learn more here!
- FAQ on LFSIP - All the funding parameters for food services laid out here!
- Pecks to Pounds - Excel sheet to convert volumes for accurate communication
USDA and Partner Organization Resources
- VT Feed- Tips for Selling to School Nutrition Programs
- USDA Farm to School Resources:
- USDA Fact Sheet - Selling Local Foods to Schools: For Producers